The laboratory offers tests on a range of products including but not limited to.
- Concrete products(Cubes, blocks, slabs, poles, Pipes, etc )
- Wood products ( boards, plywood, doors, poles)
- Steel & aluminum sheets
- Ceramic products (tiles, cisterns, sinks)
- NDT ( hummer test)
- Natural and decorative stones
- Road furniture
The laboratory uses up to date relevant national, regional (EAS) and international (EN, ISO) standards in carrying out analysis on the products. The tests carried on products focus on.
- Strength( compressive, tensile, shear and flexural etc)
- Serviceability( dimension, texture, shape etc)
- Durability (water resistance, coating content & adherence)
The lab is equipped with a modern state-of –the art combined compression and Flexural machine that is capable of handling up to 80% of the strength requirements. Photos later
Tests are performed by a team of qualified analysts with the primary objective of meeting customers’ needs and even exceeding their expectations.
Head of Laboratory
Testing Services Department
Kenya Bureau of Standards
Popo road, off Mombasa road
P. O. Box 54794 – 00200