In order to develop Kenya Standards, KEBS has established definite structures which seek to establish stakeholder consensus in compliance with ISO/IEC Guide 59. ISO/IEC Guide 59 establishes modalities which ensure that standards are developed through procedures which are transparent, consultative and that eventually, the formal approval of standards is based on evidence of consensus.
Technical Committees have stakeholders drawn from the following categories:
- Government Lead Agency/Regulatory Authority
- Manufacturers, producers or service providers
- Major corporate consumers.
- University, Research and other Technical Institutions
- Industry Association
- Trade Association
- Professional Body
- Consumer Organization
- Non Governmental Organization, (NGO)
- Renown Professionals/experts