FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION
FSSC 22000 is based on the widely recognized Food Management System Standard ISO 22000, the industry relevant Pre-Requisite Program (PRP) and FSSC defined additional requirements (which includes food defense, food fraud prevention and allergen management among others).
The Scheme is owned by an independent non-profit organization and it is GFSI benchmarked. KEBS CB is licensed to offer FSSC 22000 certification for both food manufacturing and food packaging sectors.
BENEFITS OF FSSC CERTIFICATION
FSSC 22000 V5.1
· Incorporating the GFSI benchmarking requirements version 2020.1
· Strengthening the licensing process and the integrity program.
· Minor editorial changes or amendments to the V5 scheme requirements.
Conduct of FSSC Audit
The standard method for conducting FSSC 22000 audits is either through full on-site audits as described in Part 3 of the Scheme or partial on-site audits using the ICT Audit Approach as described in Annex 9, both of which are GFSI recognized options.
The FSSC 22000 full remote option is an accredited, non-GFSI recognized, voluntary option that can only be utilized where access to the premises of the certified organization is not possible as a direct result of a serious event (refer Appendix 1 of the Scheme), supported by a risk assessment. Mutual agreement between the CB and the certified organization is required prior to conducting the full remote audit.
A full remote audit is defined as an audit that takes place entirely at a location other than that of the certified organization through the use of ICT.
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Standards Development
- About our Standards
- Technical Committees
- Calls for Nomination to Technical Committees
- Technical Committee Feedback Form
- Standards Under Public Review
- Standards Under Systematic Review
- Standards Proposed for Adoption
- Call for comments on Draft Africa Quality Policy
- East African Standards
- SAC Approved Standards
- Gazetted Standards
- WTO/TBT National enquiry point
- National Executive Codex Committee
- The Kenya National Committee of the IEC (KNCIEC)
- Quality Assurance and Inspection
- Market Surveillance
- Testing Services
- National Quality Institute
- Certification Body
- About KEBS Certification Body
- Certification Schemes
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Food Management System Standard (FSSC)
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certification
- Good Hygiene Practices (FSCE) Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)
- Other Certification Schemes
- Certified Firms
- Certification Steps
- Submit your Certification Enquiries Here
- Certification Policies
- Management Systems Auditors
- Auditor Confidentiality
- Feedback, Complaints and Appeals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Standards Development
- Customer Care
- Online Services
- Contact Us
- Free PPEs